Friday 26 January 2007

I like ZZ Top

And have pretty much since I first heard them.

But I wish they didn't used to rip off some other bands when they cut 'Tres Hombres'. Thanks to one particular track I now have a very good idea of what Keef and Mick would have sounded like if they'd been born in, say, Austin instead of Sidcup. Oh, and I've just heard Gilmour's slide solo from Wish You Were Here on another track.

But Waitin' for the bus, Jesus left Chicago and La Grange just nail it for me.


*edit*

It's just got to the place on the CD where the live tracks start. Gibbons is using almost uncontrollable drive levels, the guitar disappearing into a huge ball of toneless fizz. It's so overdriven it's actually hard to hear what NOTE he's playing. Crowd seemed to like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.