Sunday 7 January 2007

Been a funny few days

Lots of unrelated stuff seems connected in my head, when in reality there's little to actually hook it all together. Rather that witter unintelligibly I think discretion is the better part, and so I'll skip most of what's happening behind the eyes here.

Yesterday we went to see so old friends that we've not met at all in the last 4 years, and only sporadically in the previous 12. They now live on the Leamington/Warwick border, about 40 miles away. Simon is a software developer and Michelle is an associate professor with Warwick Uni, and both are great people to be with.

The people that impressed me most however, were their children. Both are lovely, bright, warm, polite and friendly. It says quite a lot to me when people's children (they're 10 and 7) are happy in the company of adults, occasionally taking part in the conversation and not flapping or stressing for attention themselves. They are also quite seriously intelligent, but not in that grating, precocious way some smart-Alec kids try to be.

Nice family - we really appreciated spending time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.