Monday 29 January 2007

Hot button topic?

There’s a particular forum where hot-button topics seem to be the speciality right now. One of those that caused the most debate was the question ‘would you vote for a Muslim politician’. Views varied from “I’d consider them as any other politician” through to “how could any real Christian even consider the possibility”. No surprise there then.

So I was a little surprised to read today in the times that Israel has accepted her first Muslim cabinet minister.

Interesting that they should make such a move, all things considered. Of course some would suggest that it was the result of a manoeuvre to retain power by another (Jewish) cabinet minister, but he cannot have been alone in voting for that individual. Possibly significant, and worth watching in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.