Monday 29 January 2007

And now for something completely different.

Last week I did circuit training in the village for the first time since I got ill back in November. Thanks to cycling a bit since Christmas I hadn’t TOTALLY lost fitness, but it was a struggle at times. However this post isn’t about that directly.

There was something was curious about skipping. I found that I seemed to have a dfinite limit to the number of skips I could do with fluidity and good timing (skipping feels un-natural to me, being male). On 2 occasions I got to about 85 skips (I always count, as it’s part of keeping going) when my rhythm just fell apart. Weird, like I suddenly lost the sense of timing. If you’ve ever walked down a long flight of stairs and part way consciously tried to control your legs then you’ll know what I mean.

This made me wonder, is there a sub-conscious counter running in my head. Does it also have a finite capacity, and when it becomes full, does it over-flow like a bit of duff code in Windows, causing a vulnerability and a crash? Who knows, or indeed cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.