Friday 26 January 2007

Hmmm. I seem to be having typographical diarrhoea.

Blog posting is like London buses - wait for ages, then a whole bunch come together.

It's funny in the context of the last post that I'm starting to actually PREFER playing clean guitar. Even quite like MY acoustic guitar tones (most 'name players' sound sucky though). Scary.

I used to despise middle-aged guitarists that stopped rocking.

;-)

It may just be a lack of practice thing - curable only with some prolonged jamming at highish volume and decent gain levels. In reallity it's probably partly influenced by me mostly using strats - they just sound like ass with a big bucket of overdrive with a standard single coil pickup. Listen to some of Jimi's best tones - all relatively clean. SRV - clean. Knopfler - don't even think about dirt. Even Blackmore was using very modest gain levels in Purples early and best days.

Seems I'm becoming one of those watered down, mellowed out aged rockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.