Thursday 25 December 2008

This advice may be a little late.

Ladies - ever hoped your husband would get you something really special? Do you wish he'd surprise you on Christmas day (in a good way)?

Then set your husband free.

That is to say, give him time 'off' so that he can actually get to some shops. Without you around.

All I can say is 'thank you' to the Somerton village social club for arranging a 'Mama Mia' film night on Tuesday evening. Ben and I managed to escape to Oxford to actually do some secret Christmas shopping between 7.30pm and 9.30pm while Chris and Hayley were watching the film. Life has been that busy, I've not had a single opportunity to get near shops alone, and weekends have been filled for me - either with things that needed to be done or by church. Week nights likewise.

Let me tell you though, shopping for nice undies for your wife (we're talking upper end Marks and Sparks here - not stuff from 'speciality catalogues') in front of your twenty year old son is challenging, to say the least. Not to mention trying to wrap the stuff nicely after you get home. Hopefully that will have established some kind of role model for him so that when he gets married he can do the same thing for his other half.

I can type this now because it's Christmas day and the gift is given and there's no longer a secret.

Oh, it's funny how, when Steve asked people what presents they had brought to church that morning, at least one person wasn't eager to show their gift.

:D

That's enough on that topic. And Ladies, next year, just remember my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.