Sunday 14 December 2008

Debut

This afternoon marks my first 'official' guitar playing at HPC. I have already played once before when requested to do so by a visiting speaker who knows me from outside this church, but that was different.

So I'm playing a bunch of carols on acoustic guitar.

The music was kindly copied for me, but despite being billed as 'for guitar' were clearly written by some left-field keyboard player. I've no doubt the chords will fit, but they just aren't nice without a strong melody to tie them together. It's also traditional stuff, with slow sections of chordwork, then a manic phase with 2 chords per word at the end.

So I'll just have to do my best, keep the volume down (there's a keyboard player) and pretend I know what I'm doing.

I feel really bad because Jane who often plays keyboards at BCC is really unwell (she's struggling a lot - 73 days sick leave this year - feeling down with it all too) also can't play. It's not great just leaving people to make do when it feels like I *could* help out in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.