Friday 25 November 2005

Psalm 23 - a re-reading.




The Lord is my pace-setter,
I shall not rush, He makes me stop
and rest for quiet intervals,
He provides me with images of stillness,
which restore my serenity.
He leads me in ways of effectiveness
through calmness of mind,
and His guidance is peace.
Even though I have a great many things to accomplish today,
I will not fret for His presence is here.
His timelessness, His all-importance
will keep me in balance.
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity by anointing my mind with his oils of tranquility,
My cup of joyous energy overflows.
Surely harmony and effectiveness
shall be the fruit of my hours,
for I shall walk at the pace of my Lord,
and dwell in His house forever.


Thanks to Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.