Thursday 6 May 2010

Missing the boat.

The MoBo in my Linux box is flakey - sometimes it reports errors on booting and occasionally won't boot at all. Shutting the power off and waggling various components seems to fix it, but that's not 'entirely ideal' as a way forwards.

2 or 3 weeks ago there were some of MoBos available in AM2 with 4 DDR slots for just over 30 quid, and now there are none. Who'd have thought obsolescence would come along quite so quickly. Even ebay only has overpriced junk right now. Guess I'd better choose - either bite the bullet now or just live with a computer that gradually corrupts the OS (on top of the updates that break the system in new and creative ways). But I didn't want to spend more money on PC bits right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.