Saturday 15 May 2010

Like a herd of stampeding wildebeast

Would be a grossly inaccurate description of migrating from a windows PC to the Linux box.

It's more like a herd of shuffling OAPs who have just discovered everything has been marked down to 10% of the original selling price in the nearby supermarket: Lots of enthusiasm and a wish to get there, but arriving is an inordinately long, slow and difficult process. Finally, the old emails are visible over the top of my zimmer frame.

The last hurdle is having to look up and re-enter all the POP3 and SMTP settings, but that's tomorrow's job.

*edit*
Well, it works. I'm now committed to using Linux as my main OS. For the time being, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.