Tuesday 11 May 2010

That was quick!

The MoBo I ordered yesterday morning arrived a little while ago, so now, instead of being here in the office I want to go home and tear into that PC.

:-(

I'm also downloading PClinuxOS 2010.10 with KDE 4.4.3 as I type this. The review I just read convinced me I wanted to take a look and also provided a clue as to why I dislike the Gnome based variants of Linux. It seems that the KDE versions are starting to use higher resolution fonts (120dpi was mentioned) and I suspect this is why I find Kubuntu better than Ubuntu. They also apparently bundle 'non-free' (free as in thought - not free as in beer) codecs with the software so that it can handle DVDs etc. This is a good thing for those who don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to obtain and then install them to end up with something that Windows does as standard.

It's a bit frustrating: I want to go home and play, and I need to stay here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.