Wednesday 21 September 2005

Dumb down or just responsible? Future blogging.

I've been wondering about this blog recently.

In the past I've never been afraid of a *little controversy* in the comments I've posted, both here and in reply to others postings on other blogs. However I feel a certain measure of 'responibility' at the moment, not to introduce contentious issues or go off on extravagant ramblings that won't help build the faith of Kita, Dan and Liv (and any others dropping by).

The net effect is that I now frequently think "I could post that - oh, no I shouldn't". Not that my thoughts were wrong, but that they aren't helpful.

Currently there are 2 options that seem reasonable to me:

1) Keep the blog of the ancient mariner as it is and start a new, semi-anonymous blog for my more controversial thoughts.

2) Create a communal blog with posting access for Kita, Dan, Livi, Chris and myself (plus anyone that becomes directly involved in the fledgling group) while returning the BOTAM (bottom! ) to it's original intent as my personal space to 'say things'.

So - you, my guests and friends - which of the options appeals more? I don't promise to comply with any requests, but they'll certainly be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.