Tuesday 27 September 2005

There is much to be grateful for.

Thanks for the care and prayers.

In many ways, although the timing of this is 'unfortunate' it doesn't carry the same sorrow for us that Sarah's death had.

Chris's dad was someone who had overcome the many obstacles that both nature and other people had put in his way: he had a family, a long and fulfilling work life and had travelled quite extensively. While we feel sadness for his wife, there is much mercy in being able to live like he did, and then die peacefully before the worst indignities of old age set in.

Given the choice, I'd much rather die like that, sat in a chair in my own livingroom, without violence or indignity, having lived a long and generally happy life.

Chris is with her mum today. There are many arrangements to make and much sifting of information to go through. I just pray that they'll be able to do it without being burdened too heavily, and too sad through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.