Friday 9 April 2004

Back and Bushed.

But nuffin' to do wiv Dubya.

My body thinks it's almost midday, and I've had 1 hour's sleep since about 5.30am yesterday. Oh well, bed in less than 5 hours :-)

Really good to see the family again. And they seemed pleased to see me, which is nice ;-) Ben likes his guitar, especially as the CD he just bought shows 'Jimi' with a white strat on the cover. I even managed to make it sound a little like the intro to a live version of 'Foxy lady' with the long sustained note, then that E chord. Now how cool is that?

Alas the 'woman' is turning a bit grumpy. Don't know if it suffered in transit or this was the real reason it was sold, but it's probably the worst set up guitar I've ever played! And it was supposed to have been done by a pro. The actions too low, so it rattles and chokes. The intonation is so far out it's almost un-tuneable and I'm not convinced about the pickup quality either (seymour duncan '59s). Did anyone ever deserve to come to earth with a bump? And I paid an unreasonable amount of duty on it through customs too.

Never mind, I'm sure it's nothing a decent set of strings and a couple of hours with some tools and a tuner can't fix.

I'm really pleased to be back :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.