Wednesday 28 January 2009

Really pooped tonight.

I've worked from 8.15 to 5.00pm with 20 min for lunch and no coffee breaks, just to get everything done. What started out as a comfy 400 samples has grown to about 520, requiring me to work to the limits of 'normal' productivity. Tonight I shall start the enjoyable task of tabulating results, after a rest and some dinner.

What fun.

At least I know I'm really earning my money here.

*edit*
Just finished a marathon 'EXCEL' session, inputting yesterdays rather unsatisfactory appearing data. The data reduction software used in this lab was once (and may still be) THE industry standard, but it's way too clever by half while hiding everything it's doing. The results as generated yesterday didn't look at all correct, and now I have proof they were not. This makes me feel a lot better too, as I want to give the best possible data to the lab, and the way it was going, a few 'explanations' were going to be needed.

There's still a lot of work to do, tabulating results with samples, but I feel much happier now about the reliability of the assays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.