Sunday 9 July 2006

Well, we're back!

A much smoother journey this time, with all planes on time and the baggage being forwarded correctly. The journey itself was predictably uncomfortable, but that's a combination of travelling cattle class in an old boeing (airbus 32X series tend to be much nicer).

Driving back from Manchester was also 'interesting'. We'd forgotten very quickly just what traffic is like here, and it was a challenge coping with all the extra cars. The motorway heading away from the airport has 3 lanes, each of which must have been carrying at least 5 times as much traffic as the 'busy' highway to Saskatoon, and all of it doing between 120km/h and 160km/h. I had to stop for a 'wake-up' break just once, making our actual driving time around 2 hours for 140+ miles.

Anyway, I need to collect the cats in a few mins - the cattery shuts at 4pm, and I don't want to leave them there another day.

It's slightly weird right now, as the lack of sleep has landed quite hard, and I feel distinctly spacy. Hopefully not sleeping now will help slotting back into normal hours more quickly than napping and stuff.

Right, moggies await.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.