Thursday 17 January 2019

Life in draft format

It seems I have written more than 3600 blogposts in the >18 years of bleating here, and have 101 drafts that have never seen the light of day.

Often this is a result of being stimulated by something, starting to write and then running out of energy/enthusiasm/newsworthiness before completing the post. Sometimes I'll start and think "this really isn't somewhere I want to go right now" and just park the thing as a draft, if it doesn't get deleted. And sometimes I'll just click 'new post' and then not write anything at all, which then saves a blank page as a draft.

So I may try to review and complete some of those 'parked' posts over the coming weeks. I'm sure that will make for a roller-coaster ride of thrills and excitement. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. This is the story of my drafts folder as well. I have good intentions of going through it too. But I'm not writing much these days. I don't know why... I don't think I want it that way. But it seems so often when I start to write something I have that exact thought: "This really isn't somewhere I want to go right now," or perhaps "this actually isn't going anywhere."

    It just now occurs to me that "I have not been writing much these days" has been the reality of my blog for nearly 10 years now! That's not good. I need to rethink that whole enterprise, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, your blog has been on life support for some time now. I wonder if a part is the difficulty of being in a church leadership position where you can't just write stuff that might not be right, or might not build people up? Your character is also one that seems to like to produce 'articles' that are complete, careful and considered instead of just bashing out whatever interested/occurred to you when you had a spare 5min or more like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'd love for your blog to come re-awaken. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.