Wednesday 23 January 2019

If you're a Chromium user that doesn't love adverts

Then you may soon have to think about another non-Chromium based browser. It seems that Google are about to block ad blockers except where the ad blockers are already on-board with Google, passing through ads they are paid to whitelist.

I don't use Chrome/Chromium. I'm not a fan of the interface and I feel that Google already knows far more about me through my phone, web searches and this blog. So if you're a Chrome/Chromium user or your browser of choice is built on the Chromium engine, IF this happens and you start getting served ads then let me encourage you to change your browser. Brave is recommended at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.