Wednesday 1 July 2009

Finished the rebuild pretty much

by about 4.00am.

All the data is back, cookies etc working, orifice installed, user IDs set up with their own data. There's an odd fault for individual users (opens a text page when they first log in) and despite downloading and installing drivers, I can't get the OS to recognise the LAN port on the MoBo, so the net connection is through USB right now.

It was the Samsung drive (wonder how it was corrupting stuff that was on the other drive?) and the fresh install on the smaller Seagate runs twice as fast at least. Hopefully I can get it replaced/repaired by Rexo, the Samsung warranty provider, then I'll probably flog it: twice bitten / no longer willing to put my fingers in the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.