Saturday 2 August 2008

I seem to be getting well again.

Went to the doctor yesterday morning - my chest had become 'tight' during the night and I had that sweetish taste in my mouth that comes from bacterial mucopolysaccharides with a growing chest infection.

So she checked me out, commented my chest was clear right now, said 3 days wasn't really long enough, but since I was ther she'd give me some antibiotics 'in case it got worse in a few days'. Experience told me that I was headed downhill from there, and in a few days I'd still be off work and feeling horrid. So 1.5 days into starting the drugs I feel much better - just get tired quickly and thinking gives me more of a headache than before - in fact by Friday night I was noticeably less unwell.

Antibiotics were a seeming 'miracle cure' when they first appeared. I'm still VERY grateful, even though they're less generally effective now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.