Monday 11 August 2008

Like I said a while back

I'm a sucker for new toys. Well, new OSs anyway.

I'm posting from the final release of Sabayon Linux v3.5 running as a live CD.

I have no idea how stable it is - live CDs tend to fall over FAST in my experience - but it looks VERY good in a Mandriva-ish kind of way. The old deep red colour scheme was cooler, but this is pleasant and clean in blue.

Best of all, this distro comes with libdvdcss so it *should* be fully possible to play back DVDs.

4 gig download - probably actually worth it.

*edit*
And yep, fonts are screwey in this version too, but the monitor image IS probably the sharpest and clearest I've seen from any linux OS, and I reckon just careful font selection will fix the rest. This may even supplant SuSE 11.0!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.