Wednesday 7 February 2007

On an unrelated topic – consumption.

Our MD was heard to declaim loudly about a 15 year old he knew involved in a rowing team. Said boy had been told to eat at least 5000 calories a day, and while it was a matter of astonishment to him, as someone that competed as a teenager it seemed quite natural. In the interests of science and observation then, my diet at the age of 15:

Breakfast
6 weetabix + 1.5 pints full cream milk.

Lunch
Steak & kidney pie or pork pie or 1/2lb cheese + rolls.
3 cream slices from local baker

Home snack
Approx 1/3 loaf of white sliced bread.

Dinner
Normal full meal sans vegetables.

Supper snack
More bread, biscuits, cheese or whatever was laying around and edible.

I was riding around 300 miles a week, although with this kind of eating pattern you may wonder how I had time. This has resulted in the slightly bizarre scenario where I’ve been reducing my diet since I was about 17 almost continuously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.