Saturday 17 December 2005

This afternoon I will be mostly.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And the guilty party:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pulling the Rayburn to bits.

Those with long blogging memories will remember last November and there's a certain sense of deja vu re-reading that archive. The guy that replaced the water jacket last year put a metal plate in wrong - above instead of below the insulation, and also upside down! That last pic shows what happens to mild steel after a prolonged period in intense heat.

I was just talking with Chris about how the burner works and how simple it was. Used the immortal words "it's not rocket science" when I realised that actually it IS like rocket science. The main difference is that we're generating heat, rather than propulsion.

Ho hum. Better buy some more coal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.