Tuesday 10 June 2014

I've been borrowed.

Someone has used my home email address to spoof the 'from' address field in a spam/malware email, and I'm getting large numbers of bounced emails as a result.

I know it's not from an infected machine because it started while my usual computer that receives that address was offline for a few days, and I'm running Linux so none of the usual windows email tools will work. Tedious, but not hard to deal with. All the bounced are coming from German addresses, presumably that's why my address was selected, in order to look German, so at least it's unlikely anyone I know will be getting infected junk from 'me'. Just hope I don't end up blacklisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.