Monday 28 April 2008

First post from within Ubuntu

Midnight, feeling fairly bushed after an evening of attempted song-writing and still 'enjoying' the pleasures of this cold, including an unhelpful headache that's been around all day.I'm sat here with a substantial amount of sloe gin in the hope it'll quieten the throat and stop me coughing all night.

I ended up losing my blogger password, so I've re-set it and can now blog from previously un-used places.

The Ubuntu font issue has mostly resolved itself. Further reading indicates that many, many others have found the same thing, and it's a result of especially poor 'standard' font choice coupled with badly implemented anti-aliasing. The anti-aliasing is what makes the font actually blur. The poor font choice just makes the page bad to read in exactly the way you would expect regardless of operating system.

In some manner completely unknown to me, most of the anti-aliasing issues have disappeared now, and I'm left with icky fonts. I know how to change standard fonts, but I just need to install decent (i.e. true type) ones. This may be where Sabayon wins, as the Italians appear to understand aesthetics, while the rest of the world just looks on and wonders how they're so stylish.

So Ubuntu works. - Randall, this is probably *the one* for you, using WUBI.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.