Wednesday 11 July 2007

Well, life isn't quite what we'd choose it to be.

And in the case of Chris's mum, probably won't be an issue too much longer.

It appears she has bone cancer after all, probably secondaries from the original breast cancer, but it could be a whole new thing. Regardless, it seems to be advancing fairly rapidly. 3 weeks ago she apparently had no more difficulty negotiating our house than might be expected from a stiffish old person: now it's an impossible obstacle with steps that can't be climbed and doorways that don't fit.

I don't know how long a person can keep going with their body deteriorating. She's still talking about "when I get better", probably from that faith that everyone of that generation had in the wonders of medicine. It's quite safe to say, there's no going back from this point short of a miracle, and that's not something we're looking for right now.

So things might be quiet here again for a bit. She's not my natural mum and I've never really known her well, but Chris loves her very much and is very deeply affected. That in turn does have its carry over for me.

So if I'm quiet, check back occasionally. If I'm spiky then please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.