Wednesday 8 November 2006

Use of stem cells - an example of an ethical approach.

A while back John Smulo posted an article about ethics and stem cell work. This was interesting to me because as with many things, some Christians see stem cell research as being primarily about killing babies to get their cells. Working in the area I do, I'm fortunate enough to hear about the other research that goes on, and that seems to me to have much greater potential for future therapy: use of patient-derived stem cells.

So when I saw this article from the beeb it seemed good to link it. The approach seems a little crude to me (take bone marrow, mash it up, inject it into area of the heart that was damaged) but sometimes subtlety isn't what's required. I hope the results of this trial are positive and well reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.