Friday 31 January 2014

Posting is sometimes tricky - who I want to be.

I like humour.

I like beautiful, kind, generous and gracious things, things that build people up - but I also like sarcastic humour that exposes unpleasantness or stupidity, and that frequently tears people down.

It can make posting on both blog & facebook difficult, because those little humorous snippets so often target an individual or a group. Yes, it feels great to be part of a group that has it all right - if we weren't all right then we'd fix ourselves to be right, wouldn't we - but that means that somewhere, someone isn't right, and by the same token it's OK to mock them somewhat.

Facebook is the ideal vehicle for this - post a meme picture, witty comment etc and belittle the 'dumb' people who are the amusing subject of the meme - including those who post meme pictures, that I upset so effectively last year. Irony doesn't always soften the blow. ;-)

I don't want to get sucked into the thumper principle, but I want to post good stuff, happy, healthy, up-building things, rather than things that kill one chuckle at a time.

Nuts to sarcasm, the highest form of wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.