Sunday 12 January 2014

Following on from the last post - dissatisfaction!

In this case, with software for processing images.

I had a go at re-processing some images that I'd not really been happy with, but using DigiKam instead of Lightroom/Photodirector, and it's really hard to go back. The level of control available and the way in which the raw image is handled when imported into those 2 packages is just so good, it's really hard to use a more conventional package without HSL control for individual colour channels and sliders for different parts of the basic curve. At the same time DigiKam's  sharpening controls are much better than sharpening in either LR or PD, and resizing/cropping and then sharpening the final product  given much better results for web work.

Looks like multiple image processing packages are going to be the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.