Thursday 6 March 2014

All at 6s and 7s.

It's a family phrase meaning to be out of kilter or off balance. We had a power cut around 4am, which meant no lights, no heating, no phones and no coffee with breakfast. It's a mild day out there and we still had a tank full of hot water, so showers were possible even if the bathroom was chilly afterward.

The we found out my mum was in hospital, having gone in around 1.30am with her heart racing, and my brother having to deal with it from a distance. Seems she's probably OK, but that threw everything up in the air. Chris has gone to see if she can be collected, since she'd be waiting several hours for an ambulance to bring her home again.

So here I am at work, a full day ahead and unsettled. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.