Saturday 13 April 2013

Hello Mr. Hedgehog.

This morning in men's study group we were talking about opening up the armour that keeps our tender selves protected and allow others in, even though we will get hurt. The comment was made about how some of us know that there's someone waiting to stick a barb into us if we do, but I had much more the picture of 2 hedgehogs trying to embrace. Neither hedgehog feels like he's spiny and both know they are soft on the inside, yet when they get close to each other they both feel spiked (I know this is anatomically incorrect, but go with the idea, OK).

So it seems with church life. 

And married life.

And family life.

In fact, put any 2 humans together in relationship and at some stage they'll start driving spikes into each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.