Tuesday 1 June 2010

Welcome to June

Sometimes called 'Flamin' June' on account of the way it seems to rain so much.

I'm quite happy to be shot of May though - it's never a good month for us, and always a time of emotions flapping around, of distress and changes. The last 2 weeks, apart from recovering from the cold I had were hardly what I'd call focussed or productive. So good riddance, May.

There are a number of things I'm thinking about that are 'life-changing' at the moment, one of which is to do with work, though that's nearly resolved again. I'm also considering whether certain qualifications are required to move forwards and be taken seriously in certain circles, and although it makes me squirm a little, sometimes squirming mustn't be a barrier. We need to look into the compromises such a step would require, and whether it's possible to retain integrity while making those compromises. For some, the promises that would be required are a complete non-issue, and for some they'd even seem right, but somethings can be just a step too far. I remember a lot of mixed feelings seeing my good friend dressed like this. I guess that sometimes if a goal becomes important enough, one swallows the toads to acquire the tools for what has to be done.

Sorry to talk in obtuse language. It may be what you think, but it probably isn't.

I do carry one fear with me though. We had/have a good friend who went to help with a new church plant, taking his family from one country to another. I remember hearing him preach on various things, including the need to run away from the very thing that finally caught him and tore him from his faith and his family. It scares me that someone who was obviously going on with God was still able to fall away like that, first letting his relationship with Jesus go bit by bit before walking out on the woman that loved him. I know I carry within me the same capability that he did, and that's something to be frightened of. Does this area carry the same or similar spritiual forces at work as some secular, humanist nations? I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.