Sunday 6 June 2010

Looks like another computer rebuild.

The HDD on that Linux box I moved across too appears to have just failed - the MoBo recognises it on booting but can't read the OS. The drive itself is a Seagate 250Gb SATA unit I bought 4 years ago: now out of warranty, fairly well used, so I guess it doesn't owe us too much. Some warning about imminent death might have been nice though (what's the point of SMART then?).

So if you sent an email, don't expect me to reply for a few days until the rebuild is done again.

Mikey Mo - is there an advantage (like an optimised kernel) to installing Ubuntu Studio over standard Kubuntu and then installing the packages?

This is where it gets a little silly. I'll have a terabyte+ of drive space to play with (once I've backed up this PC). I'd quite like to try a bunch of different OSs while keeping Sabayon as the main OS: Kubuntu, Open SUSE 11.3, PCLinuxOS, Linux Mint, maybe even do a Hackintosh. I just wonder if this is a darn silly waste of time and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.