Wednesday 9 July 2008

Burn out?

Not me.

I've watched various friends over the years do it. Not many, but enough that it bothers me.

One thing I've noticed about them, that they seem to have in common, is that it's not the pressure of what they're doing that flattens they - they usually have grace to carry what they are doing. Instead it's their families.

Nothing hits me harder than when things are bad at home. It takes all my strength and life away.

I'm thinking of a couple of people specifically, but it would be interesting to know if this is a common thing among those that do get flattened while ploughing a long, deep furrow.

Sometimes we may underestimate how important it is to look after our families.

James 1 v12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

In order to persevere it make take more care and planning than just determination and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.