Wednesday 19 December 2007

For those who understand and find this funny.

Yesterday last thing I set up some SP2 myeloma cells before going home.

I grabbed a convenient bottle of 'normal' culture medium that had been prepared for a different project and wasn't used.

Said medium contains HAT for hybridoma culture.

I was un-aware of the HAT content.

Said SP2 cells are specially engineered to find HAT lethal.

It is good to know that this system works well. I shall be quite confident that any cells growing after my fusion on Christmas eve will, absolutely definitely be hybridomas and not suriving myelomas.

Now I DO regret making Chris wait 5 more minutes to collect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.