Monday 16 April 2007

Oh the fun

That is derived from moving office.

Plus we have a building wide power shut-down with emergency cabling only.

My work is distributed around the 'new' (created by partitioning the old) office. My desk has been rotated 180 degrees and moved 'forward' around 2m. I've been drilling holes (so we can share 1 of 2 operating data ports) and running extension leads so that most people in the office can still work. This afternoon I shall get more keys cut to fit the door (only 1 available right now) and buy some desk lights, filler (to patch the drilled wall) etc.

The new (stud) wall is very effective in it's sound deadening properties, considering it's only about 3" thick. It almost totally kills voice transmission (what it was wanted for) but does allow the beeping of a marooned UPS through.

Cleaning up here has been annoying. Everything on my desk was covered in a fine layer of grit. However much I wipe there seems to be another patch that was either missed or mysteriously materialised from another dimension. Unlike space invaders, maybe if I keep wiping them out eventually they'll stop appearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.