Monday 27 February 2006

Posting has been thin recently

and I'm sorry for that.

I've not been inspired much: staying out of arguements makes things more peaceful but doesn't stir up the thoughts or stimulate exploration of alternative ideas. I also feel a little tired to the point where some things I'd planned to do have gone by the board - like working through 'A generous orthodoxy'. I did a couple of chapters, thought "some of this is right, but some is wrong" and lost interest.

There was someone talking on the radio this morning about pay equality for women, and how 20 years or so after a specific act of parliament women's gross pay was still on average 17% lower than men's. They were using phrases like "women being forced into part-time work because they had children" and clearly failing to understand reality. I wonder how people that have so little grasp of human understanding are able to achieve positions of power?

As a church, we're about to start going through the 'Purpose driven life'. Guess I'll find out whether it's the dreadful capitalist-right-wing-megachurch-advertising book that some have suggested. Or if it's actually something that might help build people up in their Christian lives. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.