Thursday 16 February 2006

Delayed Baptisms

Chris writes:
I was disappointed at Toni's brief account of the baptisms so here is my version, just a little late!

Well, what a fantastic day!

There were 4 people being baptised alltogether. In addition to Dan & NIkita there was Jon & Ben, both young lads of about 13 who have grown up in the church, so it was a very special time. We also had a lot of guests as all their respective families turned out in force! They all did brilliantly well with their testimonies, which can be very daunting, & this was quite moving. I started to get emotional when Dan read his!

Both Jon & Ben were baptised by a leader plus their Dad, then it was our turn! I don't really know how to put it into words, it was quite overwhelming. Such a joy & a priveledge to baptise these two who have come to mean so much to us, I was laughing & crying at the same time!

In many ways it was more emotional than baptising our own kids, we have paid a high price to see this happen. Sarah was baptised when she was just 9, very young really, but she was just so sure. Toni & I baptised her ourselves & I am so glad we had that priveledge & have those memories. Ben was baptised last March, & I am glad she was around to see that.

Afterwards we had coffee & cake & a chance to meet Nikita's family. It was especially good to spend some time with her Mum. Then we went back to Dan's house for a chinese take away & some good social time. I spent some time with the 'oldies' (that is my own generation!) but in the end couldn't resist drifting over to the youngsters. My mother-in-law is such a sweetie, she reckoned I didn't look much older than them! She always did have a tendency to see those she loves through EXTREMELY rose coloured spectacles!

And talking of Mum-in-law, we had a really nice day together on the Monday. We went to art class where we saw Nikita's Grandma Joy, then we had lunch with my Mum, then I took her back home to SE London & we went out for a meal together. We both really appreciate the great relationship we have.

And finally, Happy Birthday to Nikita, who is 18 today!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.