Wednesday 15 February 2006

Thankyou, but they don't fit me very well.

I arrived this morning to find a padded envelope on my desk with my name on and 'Private and confidential' underlined with red.

Inside, were a pair of slightly cheap looking scarlet and black lacy thongs with the message 'Happy valentines day' on a piece of paper.

A quick check with Chris by phone confirmed my instinct - they'd not come from her. However my colleagues here kindly calmed my fears by assuring me that the other married guys in the office had received the same thing the day before. At least I haven't got to unpick anything complex.

An email conversation with my wife then ensued, finished off with the question "are you blogging this?" for which suggestion I thanked my wife. In order then:


Sent: 15 February 2006 09:04
To: Toni Ertl
Subject: Red Lacy Things

My love
No I most definately did not send you red lacy watsits. Are they ladies or gents? If the former I suspect they are on the wrong desk, if the latter I expect it is someone's idea of a practical joke!
Don't worry about it, it's rather funny really! It certainly gave the girls here a good laugh!

Chris

----------------------------------------------

Sent: 15 February 2006 09:10
To: Ertl, Christine - Social & Health Care
Subject: RE: Red Lacy Things


It's OK, things have unravelled a little now. I gather all the married males in our office were presented with them, secretly courtesy of the girls on the front desk (A****a included). I may play a little joke on them in return shortly.

I am very relieved that I don't have to unpick anything.

Love you

Toni

-------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 15 February 2006 09:24
To: Toni Ertl
Subject: RE: Red Lacy Things

'I gather all the married males in our office were presented with them'......


................Oh yeah!

Chris

-------------------------------------------------------

To: Ertl, Christine - Social & Health Care
Subject: RE: Red Lacy Things


William complained that his didn't fit.

8-0

--------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 15 February 2006 11:08
To: Toni Ertl
Subject: RE: Red Lacy Things

Are you blogging this?

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------

So, ladies of the front bottom ..... errr I mean front desk, I understand the source of embarassment one of your number experienced when I was leaving on Monday for Germany now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.