Monday 18 March 2019

Reading a post this morning made me slightly sad.

It seems that my son and I are the only people who wipe water from their bodies after a shower or bath, before towelling dry.

At least, that's true for the small circle of people that we know.

And it made me feel slightly lonely too. I've always been different from others: sometimes I can dominate a group, sometimes guide it, sometimes be present watching what goes on, sometimes be ignored by it - I seldom feel just a part of it. Note the word feel - these are feelings, not necessarily how things really are - and feelings should not be the ultimate arbiter of reality.

I wonder too if this is one of the reasons for wanting adventure, to pioneer a bit - when you're doing that loneliness is not a problem, because OF COURSE you're alone. If you're in the trenches with everyone else then it can remind you more of feeling alone than solitude.

Blummin' 'eck, this is maudlin for a Monday afternoon, though I was even more maudlin this morning.



3 comments:

  1. I say without hesitation that this is the first time I have ever heard of this practice. But I also say without hesitation that it makes a great deal of sense. I think I might try it in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment was immediately published! What happened to moderation? Do I have a special pass or something? Am I a TbotAM Gold member?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped moderating comments when Randall found it was blocking him completely, however I do check every comment manually.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.