Friday 10 August 2012

Ever come home from work with your head full of crapspeak?

What?

I remember being in project meetings where people (well, the boss) would talk all sorts of old rubbish, and the language would worm its way into my head. When I got home sometimes I'd talk to Chris about implemention something or trajectory the other, then apologise for the crapspeak I'd just inflicted on her tender ears.

This episode of the BOFH brought it all back.

Eventually said boss was 'let go to pursue other interests' and we all breathed a sigh of relief. He wasn't stupid, but he was a nasty bully, inclined to emotional blackmail. I'm told that outside a work context he was a lovely guy, kind and generous to a fault. Wonder what drove the work persona?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.