Monday 19 September 2011

After the earlier comments about lack of blogging

I wonder too if it's just that we aren't blogging too many deep or important issues these days. I can't blog much about the church any more, and theology is often either self-centred, self-explanatory, argumentative or a combination of all 4.

Actually there's a bit of theology/church tradition that I'd like explained, and I know some visitors should be able to explain it, even if they don't agree with it.

In the context of communion in church, it was suggested that taking 'proper' communion meant we took part in the 'heavenly meal'. Now I may not have had eyes to see it, but I know my bible reasonably well these days, and this doesn't seem to crop up anywhere. Likewise bible gateway drew a blank, though I confess to not searching too exhaustively. The context was why a 'proper' cup and paten were required, but I don't want to discuss that especially. In retrospect I should have probably asked for an explanation, but it was getting late and we were all tired.

But I am interested to know if this is something else invented over the centuries, or if there is a scriptural background that I'm simply ignorant about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.