Sunday 10 April 2011

I had the oddest experinece this morning.

Leading worship using CDs instead of playing.

In some ways it was liberating: no need to play carefully or sing in tune, and certainly no hassle setting up or tearing down gear. In some ways it felt false - like I was pretending and it wasn't real. Since I felt headachey and a bit sickish beforehand, maybe the CDs were a good idea!

Bearing my apparent lack of singing ability in mind, it did make using a song the congregation didn't know easier too. What was funny was that out of 5 songs, only one was new, however I suspect because the backing tracks were different it was as though they almost all were. And that is an interesting observation in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.