Wednesday 20 February 2008

Well I'm disappointed to say this.

After my earlier post suggesting my mum was coming home things went downhill rather. She had a few bad days again, and is still very weak. She's now lost 20kg, and although there has been some progress made, she's not at all good. Emotionally she's just had enough fiddling around, and although she's been putting a brave face on things, inside she's really unhappy.

She is, however, not someone who just gives up.

So on we go. Next step if cyclosporin treatment, and when that doesn't work surgery to resect the ulcerated piece of colon. It still feels right that she should live a while longer yet (and I'd be happy to let her go if the time was now) so we keep encouraging her, keep praying and keep trusting. Sometimes I wonder if there's a measure of suffering for each of us, and we need to fill it up before we can die peacefully - but that's just idle, foolish thinking.

Thankyou to Sue and Ian, Jackie and Linder and Naomi who've visited her in hospital. She really appreciated you coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.