Tuesday 23 August 2011

Today I managed to sync the HTC Desire with the Macbook

For those out there allergic to iPhones (in my case, primarily because of the cost and dislike for the Apple empire) but who are saddled with a Mac, I recommend Syncmate. You require the main application on your mac, plus a small app on the phone. In the free version you can sync just address books and calendars, with the option to include folders, music, images etc using a paid upgrade.

I already had most of the contacts moved across from my old Sony Ericsson W650, but this just helps keep stuff together a little better and allows me to get reminders from the phone. I don't need to control my HiFi with it - all I really want is a simple device for calling, sending text messages and (in rare circumstances) letting me wish 'happy birthday' to certain facebook users when I can't get near a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.