Monday 30 June 2008

The last shall be first

Sunday morning we went to St. Mary's Anglican church in Banbury, where a friend was being ordained.

It's a large, quite highly decorated church, and since a number were being ordained together and we arrived just 3 min before kick off it was packed to the gunnels.

On entering we were asked "were you invited"? Well, Ian who was being ordained asked us to come along a couple of weeks ago, so we said "yes" and who had invited us. Next thing we know we're being marched to the very front but 1 row and given seats with his family.

I was NOT dressed to fit with lots of people wearing smart suits, and both Chris and I were more than a little self conscious and apologetic to the family.

It WAS extremely funny, especially in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.