Thursday 23 April 2020

Would it be wrong to say

that I'm enjoying not having to meet people during lockdown. I like the quiet roads, the half-empty supermarkets where people move out of each others way & give others space instead of pushing them out (well, that's true of Bicester Tesco - OTOH Sainsurys Kidlington was a horrible, crowded, dismal place).

Makes me wonder what I'll be like when the lockdown is over - I already don't want the crowds to come back, to have to go to meet people again - no idea if I'm going to want to play guitar with others, and I'm reasonably sure I don't want to 'go to church' (there, I've said it) though it's likely social pressure will ensure I do both those things. Life when I retire may well be very, very quiet.

Or perhaps I'll stop using computers and suddenly discover a desire to meet face-to-face again?

3 comments:

  1. Has it gone so far as to mean you don't even want to interact virtually? Oh wait—you've actually stopped using computers! ;)

    I relate to what you say here in many ways. As an introvert, I need to be careful about this. I get really grumpy and uncomfortable when I have to go out to a busy store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a long comment about how it would be fun to end the blog that way & feeling trapped by church.

    It got lost.

    I'm still here, still using computers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you are. :)

    You said some things that I agree with but haven't said out loud yet. I too wonder what retirement will be like. Will I even "Go" to church??

    I dunno.
    I think there will be many new ways of doing things that we used to have to do that we have been forced to discover new ways of doing. If that makes sense.

    I am looking for the good in these days and I wonder if that isn't one of the good to come from it.

    Screens are getting old though.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.