Tuesday 8 May 2007

Please forgive the expression....

.... but this has been bugging the 'hell' out of me.

there's an attitude I've been coming across a lot recently among educated Christian bloggers that it's more worthy to ask a question in an elaborate fashion than it is to know the answer.

This should have been part of a much larger post, but that's half written and already I'm losing interest.

It frustrates me that people study theology and come away with the tools to generate enquiries seemingly without the ability to find a useful answer. I appreciate that having an answer is anathema to the postmodern thinker, but as Christians we need to do better. Questions are great to help break the ice between people but they don't provide any basis to act off.

"Where shall we eat?"

"Now tell me, what exactly do you mean by 'eat'. And that word 'shall': was that imperative or optional?"

[/rant]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.