Wednesday 4 June 2008

Key points from the register

Reprap.

Several years ago I posted about machines that would allow you to construct other devices in 3 dimensions by printing them. Then a couple of years ago I mentioned a seminar/show where a business built around rapid prototyping used such devices, but at high cost.

It appears that it's now possible to make one for about £300.

We're not at the stage where you can order a new design of washing machine in software, then create it in your garage overnight, but it could create useful parts none the less.


Now, less fun - scams

Want someone to negotiate lower interest rates with your bank for you? Sounds like a nice idea. Don't give them your credit card number what ever you do.

It's very obvious, but it only takes 1 person in 100 to make that mistake for the scammers to make a lot of money.


And finally - Safari.

Apparently it is rather desperately insecure in a way that should make even the smuggest Mac user sit up and take notice. If I was already looking unfavourably at this browser, this has killed off any desire I might have to explore further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.