Sunday 1 January 2017

The tree is outside

and the decorations are in the loft. Not exactly our usual routine for either a Sunday morning, nor so soon after Christmas, but that's how it needs to be this year.

In a few days we'll have Phil & his daughter Katie from Oz arriving, so need to move stuff around.

Christmas is a funny time. Emotions flap from possibilities and things that might have been but now can't be. Getting older does provide understanding, but that's not always either helpful, nor a source of pleasure moving forwards. For those I've hurt or offended during 2016, I'm sorry - sadly I can't wind the year back and I can't recapture words once spoken or typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.